Gluten Free Apple, Peach and Pear Crisp
Yummy and warm fruit crisp that is great for a summer BBQ or picnic. This is really yummy with some Coconut Bliss Vanilla Ice Cream (Dairy Free) or dairy free coconut whipped topping.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 Apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 Peaches peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 Pear peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp Corn Starch or Arrowroot Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Butter Substitute melted
- Coarse Sea Salt and Honey sprinkled and drizzled on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine, apples, peaches, pears, cornstarch or arrowroot powder, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Coat the chopped fruit well and place in a bottom of pie plate or deep glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the rest of the cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, flour, and butter together. Place the crumble over the top of the fruit layer. Garish with a little sea salt or for added sweetness you can use sugar. Cover the dish with foil to prohibit the crumble from browning to quickly.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until the fruit becomes softened and the filling is bubbling.
- Once fruit filling is cooked removed foil for another 5 minutes to allow the crumble to brown.
- Allow to cool enough before serving with ice cream or whipped topping!